Sunday, May 19, 2013

penpaling

I have always loved writing letters. I've had penpals since I was very young. have I outgrown it at 25? certainly not. in a world that's going all-digital, handwritten letters and printed books or magazines are on the road to becoming obsolete. I still can't read a novel on a screen, and emailing back and forth just doesn't feel as special as writing a letter, mailing it, and waiting for it to reach its destination, as the recipient waits for its arrival.

my friend kimmie (from australia!) and I have each written each other one letter, and it's already so much fun! I love finding little extras to stuff inside the envelopes as well :) I was also penpaling with my friend laura a while back. I'm not sure why we didn't keep it up, but I'm sure it was my fault. maybe I'll have to surprise her with another note soon! I'm on a letter-writing kick if anyone wants to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting on my blog! if you're an anonymous commenter, please leave your name so I can send you some love!