Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ah, life

Sammy can get the mail...
my god, I need a haircut. it's going all Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men on me. Jordan even noticed that my hair was getting long the last time we talked, and I only had short hair for a week or two before I left, so it must be true. although, I'm sure I'm blending in as a local with this awesome mullet I'm growing out. the only difference is that the locals aren't ashamed of their mullets.

...and read it! :)
other than my long hair conundrum, everything has been pretty great. my sunburn is healing, and we are planning some fun adventures.

two nights ago, Carlee and I booked our flight and hotel in BALI! we are so excited. it's only a short plane ride away (about 2 hours), so we figured we might as well go while we're here! we leave on Dec 9th and return on the 12th. it's just so amazing to me that I left the States never having traveled beyond the North American continent (and I've only spent time in...8 states? and only one Canadian province!), and I'll be returning having lived in Australia and traveled to Southeast Asia. incredible.

pearl ring I bought at the market
as for school, I'm feeling like a bit of a slacker, especially after having so much responsibility in GR, but it's the end of the school year and everything is so crazy. Mara is always thanking me for my help and hard work, so that helps me feel like less of a deadbeat. I plan on teaching about Christmas soon, and doing some daily punctuation lessons starting tomorrow, because they really struggle with it in their writing.

I just hope I don't stuff it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for commenting on my blog! if you're an anonymous commenter, please leave your name so I can send you some love!