Friday, December 2, 2011

school (and life) lately

making a reindeer glyph
paper snowflakes!
still no haircut. the mullet lives on.

school has been pretty fun the past few days. each teacher in our module planned a couple Christmas craft activities, and then all of our classes spend a good chunk of the day doing them all. I had my groups cutting paper snowflakes and making a reindeer glyph. they loved them both, but I think the paper snowflakes won. it doesn't snow in the NT, so I thought I'd hang a few that the kids leave behind in the windows for funsies.

should've bought this flowery butterfly
headband when I had the chance!
today we had an assembly. I was so proud of myself - I sang along with the national anthem! the first two assemblies, I just stood quietly, but it's so weird just standing there when everyone else sang. soo I made a goal to learn it by next assembly, and I did it!

best. cereal. EVER.
this week, we also drew names for Kris Kringle (Secret Santa)! the kids said that they wanted teachers' names in too, so I'm buying a Christmas gift for one of my students, and one of them is buying one for me :) it's going to be quite interesting to see what the kids come up with, and I'm sure their gifts will be fantastic.

I definitely feel like I have more authority as a teacher, and the kids are responding much better to me. I even have a few that are quite clingy. I know that I am getting attached to them, and it will be hard to say goodbye in a couple weeks.

funny NT weather - sunny here, stormy there
Hannah and I went to Casuarina after school today to send some post cards home. I sent one to my grandma and one to my 1st/2nd grade class in Grand Rapids, and Hannah sent a bunch to friends and family. while she was writing her cards, I bought a skirt (whoops), and then we walked around before catching the bus.
a fun panorama of Wangi that I forgot to post before :)

well, we've got a pretty jam-packed weekend, so I'm sure I'll have heaps to write about (not to mention a whole mess of photos) on Sunday or Monday.

til then!

1 comment:

  1. So I though i was cool with my waterfalls but yours are just as beautiful. Live it up we are half way done... so sad!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting on my blog! if you're an anonymous commenter, please leave your name so I can send you some love!